Saturday, October 25, 2008

Race for the Cure.....

Once again....truly an amazing experience !!!! 8000 people all walking and running for the same reason !! We were the 5k crew.....this was at the end :) Here we go.....

These are the surviviors they honor with flowers and a walk across a stage with their loved ones clapping and cheering. The sea of pink is beautiful :)


The fringes on the stirngs are ribbons with names of loved ones on them. Really cool !!!

Wouldn't it be great if this was the last race they had to have because they found a cure ??!!


4 comments:

Tracy said...

I think seeing those balloons with all those names "fringing" on them would have made me cry! You girls look great at the end of your walk~How uplifting!

Ramona said...

I am so proud of you, Suzie! You truly are my hero. :)

Jill said...

I feel emotional just looking at the pics! Thanks for taking part, Suzelle, It's people like you who make a difference!!!!!

Susan said...

What a great event Suzelle.The survivors and the fringe ribbons choke me up though. One day soon it will be the last race because of special people like you.